Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

Q & A with Marketing Associate, Amanda Neyer

As a new employee in the marketing department, I have officially taken over the responsibility of interviewing and posting monthly to the Neyer Properties blog. I found it only appropriate for the viewing audience to know a little more about the person behind Neyer's blog so this month I took the opportunity to 'interview myself'. Enjoy!

How long have you been with Neyer now?
I started in the middle of May 2010 but I have interned with Neyer Properties during the summer months since 2005.

What’s it like working with your dad?
I rarely see him so that’s hard to say!

What do you hope to accomplish with this blog?
That people will be more on a personal level with Neyer Properties as a whole. That hopefully you will be able to see things outside of the typical press releases, and traditional media.

Do you have experience writing blogs?
I’ve never tried writing one but I have read a wide variety of different types of blogs. Like it is with everything, I’m still trying to get the hang of it!

What is your job description at Neyer Properties and what kind of experience do you have to support your new role?
I am responsible for writing press releases and keeping Neyer Properties in the news. I also handle several social media aspects for Neyer, like this blog for example. I’m responsible for keeping the Neyer Properties’ website up to date as well – and anything else that may come across my desk.

What changes and successes have you seen growing up with the company? Any significant events you’ve witnessed?
Considering my dad started the company when I was around 7, I don’t really remember him doing anything else. I know it has been said several times, but the move to Keystone from the South Medallion office in Evendale was definitely significant. Although NPI had built the previous building on South Medallion, it wasn’t situated to all of our needs. This new office is a lot more central to a variety of our properties and in a more prominent location with it’s visibility from I-71. Plus our office is LEED Gold certified!

What is the atmosphere in the office like?
It is definitely an enjoyable environment to work in. Everyone gets along really well and it is a fun, hard-working group. Everyone has their own skills, desires, and distinct personalities they bring to the table and I think that helps everyone to mesh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment